Two stage trainingRecommended two stage training structure.
Stage 1: Introduction to Gurmat Therapy – 1 day workshopAn introductory workshop will help you gain basic understanding and provide you with an overview of what Gurmat psycho-spiritual training involves and its application.
Stage 2: Gurmat TherapyThis second stage consists of two parts delivered jointly. One which focuses on evidence based experiential and practical application of Gurmat therapy, delivered by Dav Panesar, leading pioneer in meditation, mind and contemplative health interventions. The other, provides the underpinning philosophy and science of knowledge by the leading authority in Sikh Studies, Arvind-Pal Mandair, Professor of Sikh Studies, University of Michigan USA. The course consists of tuition, independent study and 4 residential retreats that have been designed to develop your understanding and application of Gurmat based approaches to health and well being.
- Holistic psychological models
- Ego-centric Psychological models
- Gurmat Psychological model
- Psycho-spiritual continuum
- Gurmat theory of whole being health
- Klesha- Mental health and wellbeing
- Gurmat model of human being
- Cultivating human potential – from self-actualisation to self-sovereignty
- Nature of mind
- Nature of Hau and Haumai ( Ego-complex)
- Nature of unhealthy psychological states
- Consciousness, awareness and nature of existence
- Mind-body science and mind-body medicine
- Process of transpersonal development and growth
- Contra-indications and growth indicators
- Gurmat Practices, including
- Heart Medicine – Hirdya Coherence Levels I – IV
- Symran – Wholesome-mindfulness
- Reducing the impact of unhealthy psychological states
- Cultivating positive psychology – Gunn
- Contra-indications associated with mindfulness based approaches
- Spiritual emergence and spiritual emergency
Duration of Gurmat Therapy Experiential Program: 24 months
Direct learning tuition hours= 144 hrs
Direct practical learning residential retreats = 288 hrs
Accreditation – The Gurmat Therapy courses are accredited by the founders and developers of the courses, Professor Arvind Pal Mandair & Davinder Singh Panesar Additionally the programme is accredited through CPD (continuous professional development) and International Institute of Gurmat Research & Development, Institute of Mindfulness and Transpersonal Psychology
Suitable for all health professionals, counsellors & therapists
- Outline outcomes: Successful participants
- Have successfully completed the full course to be qualified as Gurmat Psychotherapist
- Have a critical understanding of the main contemporary approaches to the Eastern and Western encounter in psychology and spirituality.
- Develop in-depth knowledge in Gurmat psychology and its applications.
- Apply Gurmat psycho-spiritual perspectives to one or more socially engaged pursuits (e.g., mental health, psychospiritual health, community activism, ecopsychology, spiritual counselling
- Understand the dynamics of psycho-spiritual development, transpersonal growth and its relevance for personal growth
- Apply Gurmat therapy professionally as therapists, facilitators, psycho-spiritual counsellors or social change.
- All interested participants will be guided and supported in designing their own bespoke programmes, such as the 8 week, and 12 week courses and workshops, based on the highly successful Mindfulness Based Intervention (MBi, MBSR & MBCT) based on Gurmat psychology. (Results of Gurmat Mindfulness Based Intervention)